Department of Social Welfare and Development Secretary Rolando Bautista assured Wednesday that they have enough standby funds and stockpiles to provide assistance to all families and individuals affected by calamities and disasters.
“Sapat ang pondo ng ahensya para sa disaster response operations . Nakapag-replenish ang ahensya ng Quick Response Funds mula sa Department of Budget and Management (DBM) upang masiguro na tuloy tuloy ang pagtugon sa mga pangangailangan ng biktima ng sakuna at kalamidad,” Bautista said during the “Laging Handa” briefing.
(The agency has enough funds for the disaster response operations. The agency was able to replenish its Quick Response Funds from the Department of Budget and Management to ensure that we continuously respond to the needs of the victims of disasters and calamities)
Last week, the DSWD disclosed that the DBM has augmented its QRF and provided more than P600 million “to be used to cover relief and rehabilitation operations for families and individuals affected by calamities.”
“Ang DSWD, at Field Offices nito at ang National Resource Operations Center (NROC), ay mayroong nakahandang stockpiles at standby funds na suma total nagkakahalaga sa maihigit P1. 2 billion,” Bautista said.
(The DSWD and its Field Offices and the National Resource Operations Center have readied stockpiles and standby funds amounting to over P1.2 billion)
Bautista said so far, the DSWD has provided over P51.1 million worth of relief assistance to the affected families from the eight regions ravaged by typhoon “Ulysses.”
The breakdown of assistance per region is DSWD Field Office (FO) 2 (Cagayan Valley), P19 million; FO 5 (Bicol), P17 million; FO 4-A (Calabarzon), P11.2 million, and FO National Capital Region (NCR), P7 million.
Bautista said the agency, along with local government units, is conducting rapid damage assessment and needs analysis to determine the needs of the affected families.
The DSWD Disaster Response Operations Monitoring and Information Center reported that as of 6 a.m. Wednesday, 55, 921 families or 223, 378 persons from the eight ravaged regions are taking temporary shelter in 1, 570 evacuation centers.
DROMIC said 823, 537 families or 3,276, 026 persons in 5, 847 barangays have been affected by Ulysses in the National Capital Region, Ilocos, Cagayan Valley, Central Luzon, Calabarzon, Mimaropa, Bicol, and Cordillera Administrative Region.