Q: Where do I go to apply as a voter?
A: To apply as a voter, you need to go to the City/Municipal Comelec office where you reside. So, if you work in Quezon City, but reside in Hagonoy, Bulacan, you go to the Comelec office in Hagonoy to register as a voter.
Q: Where is the city/municipal Comelec office usually located?
A: The OEO (Office of the Election Officer) Comelec offices are usually located near the municipal/city hall.
Q: What days of the week can you go to the Comelec office to apply as a voter?
A: Under the updated schedule, applicants can go to the Comelec office from Monday to Thursday. Friday is disinfection day for Comelec field offices.
Q: What are the processing hours?
A: Applications are processed from 8 a.m. till 3 p.m. on the days above-mentioned.
Q: Do I need to fill up a form to apply as a voter?
A: Yes, you have to fill up a registration form and supplemental form.
Q: How do I get a form? Do I fill it up at the Comelec office?
A: You can download the forms from the Comelec website.
Q: Is there a specific paper size to use when I print out the forms?
A: Yes. Make sure you use folio / F4 (or “Philippine Legal”) size paper, which is 8.5” x 13”.
Q: How many copies should I print?
A: Print at least 3 copies which you’ll submit to Comelec. You can print extra copies, in case you need to practice at home.
Q: Should I fill up the forms before going to the Comelec office?
A: Yes, fill it up at home, before going to the Comelec office.
Q: Is there something in the form which I should accomplish at the Comelec office?
A: YES! Affix your SIGNATURE and THUMBPRINT at the Comelec office, ONLY in front of the Comelec official.
Q: Are there health protocols I should follow when going to the Comelec office?
A: Yes, the following are the health protocols you need to comply with when going to the Comelec office:
- ALL applicants MUST wear a mask and face shield. You will be denied entry to the Comelec office if you do not comply with this health protocol.
- Bring your own ballpen when you go to register as a voter.
- Before entering the Comelec office, make sure you step on the disinfection mat which is located in front of the office.
- There is an alcohol and/or sanitizer dispenser in the Comelec office. Make sure you apply on your hands when you enter the office.
- Make sure you practice physical distancing when in the Comelec office.
- When you finish and leave the Comelec office, make sure you apply alcohol and/or alcogel on your hands.
Q: Can I apply as a voter even if I’m not yet 18 years old?
A: Yes, you can. As long as you’ll be 18 years old on or before May 9, 2022.
Q: How long is a residency requirement for voters?
A: Applicants must be a resident of the Philippines for at least one year and in the city/municipality where he/she proposes to vote, and at least six months immediately preceding the May 9, 2022 national and local elections. Take note, the point of reckoning is not the day you apply as a voter, but election day.
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Register as a voter and vote on May 9, 2022.