Schneider Electric is taking the frontlines in accelerating our lives into the new normal, fully equipped with a portfolio of innovative, new digital services. For SE, it’s high time to digitize our future — globally.
And on this side of the globe, the Schneider Electric Innovation Summit East Asia 2020 slated November 4, 2020 will highlight SE’s unveiling of the latest developments in EcoStruxure architecture and platform as well as several new innovative products. The Innovation Summit East Asia 2020 is part of a global and 10 regional events covering Asia-Pacific, Europe, Middle East and Africa, North and South America.
In his recent virtual keynote address, Jean-Pascal Tricoire, Schneider Electric’s Chairman and CEO, urged attendees to accelerate their digital transformation to better position themselves for the upheaval caused by both the climate crisis and the global pandemic that has swept the world in 2020.
“Across the globe, in just a few months, our lives have changed – and digitalization has helped us to adapt to the new normal. Digitized remote operations can maintain business continuity, strengthen resiliency, and offer insights to better anticipate and adapt with agility. Digital innovation and connectivity have changed how we work and live together, and will positively change our impact on the environment, and drive economic recovery and sustainability for us all.”
For its global customers and partners, Schneider Electric is unveiling new offerings that include:
- A new category of automation, EcoStruxure Automation Expert, the world’s first software-centric industrial automation system creating step-change improvements throughout the complete operational lifecycle.
- A new range of low-voltage switchboards, PrismaSeT Active, and a new generation of breakers, ComPacT, to be released in 2021, that unlock crucial information related to electrical fire risk and power availability within the electrical systems of buildings. The cloud-connectivity of PrismaSeT Active allows users to continuously monitor power distribution and receive notifications in case of hazardous power losses. The new generation of ComPacT takes power availability to the next level with major ergonomic improvements, as well as connectivity-ready and modular plug-and-play accessories to expand the capacity for advanced monitoring capabilities.
- An innovative green switchgear, SM AirSeT, which uses an ingenious combination of air and vacuum technology instead of SF6, a greenhouse gas commonly contained in electrical equipment used to power the grid and industrial electrical installations. The new technology offers a pathway to avoid the equivalence of millions of tons of CO2 in energy networks. Its extensive IoT connectivity also unlocks the benefits of data and analytics for network management and optimization.
Schneider Electric automated and control products and solutions cover the breadth of the industrial, infrastructure and building sectors — from programmable relays to motion controllers and interface modules, for applications from simple machines to complex process systems.
The new EcoStruxure Automation Expert will help you rethink engineering by taking a software-centric approach that:
• Automates low-value engineering tasks so engineers are free to innovate and focus on high-value add.
• Enables efficient wrap and reuse of automation objects to ensure you can make the most of what you already have and easily update and upgrade.
• Provides rapid agility to process changes – so you can design and reconfigure processes on the fly.
• Bridges the divide between IT and OT systems so you can create operational effectiveness we could only dream of a decade ago.
• Is vendor-agnostic – EcoStruxure Automation Expert is based on the IEC 61499 standard for portability and interoperability.
It is billed as a step towards the future of industrial automation, a new category that fundamentally changes technology model to fully realize the promise of the IIoT and IoT-enabled industrial automation for next-generation industries.