Vice President Leni Robredo is under quarantine after she was exposed to a COVID-positive individual last week.
“Nung Monday nasa Pasig kami, Wednesday nasa Taytay kami. Dapat sana ngayong darating na linggo, halimbawa bukas dapat sana nasa Lucena kami, Tuesday dapat sana Caloocan kami. Pero na-expose ako, Ka Ely, na-expose ako noong Huwebes sa isang nag-positive so sumunod ako sa protocol (Last Monday we were in Pasig, Wednesday we were in Taytay. For this week, we were scheduled to go to Lucena tomorrow and Caloocan by Tuesday. But I was exposed, Ka Ely, I was exposed last Thursday to someone who turned out positive so I followed the protocol),” Robredo said during her “BISErbisyong Leni” program over DZXL radio Sunday morning opposite anchor Ely Saludar.
Robredo said she learned of the development Friday morning, and as a result, canceled all her scheduled physical meetings over the weekend and converted them to online meetings.
“Hopefully ma-swab na kami Ka Ely kasi kapag na-clear na kami, tuloy na ulit (Hopefully we would be given swab tests Ka Ely so that we could make rounds again),” said Robredo, adding, “Tuloy-tuloy pa rin trababo (Work continues).”
Robredo said she was in “close contact” with the COVID-positive person, whom she noted wasn’t a staff of hers.
But the 55-year-old Vice President appeared to be in good health and high spirits, as noted by Saludar. “Wala naman akong nararamdaman na iba (I’m not feeling any different),” she said.
She said this wasn’t the first time she was exposed to COVID-19 as one of her staff had previously tested positive.
Robredo bared over the radio program that she had been busy attending turnover ceremonies for livelihood programs and community learning hubs all over the country the past few weeks.
Although eager to get back on the road, Robredo vowed to follow quarantine guidelines set by the government. “Ayaw natin na tayo ‘yung nagva-violate ng protocols (I don’t want to be the one who would violate protocols).”